July 1, 2014 12:55 PM
2nd Time At Daytona for Ryan Reed | Race Advance
Reed on racing at Daytona International Speedway:
“I’m excited to head back to Daytona. I feel like I’ve learned a lot about drafting and restrictor plate racing in our other two restrictor plate races this season. We’re racing on the Fourth of July and we have a great looking patriotic paint scheme on the Drive to Stop Diabetes Ford Mustang. If we run a smart race and work with our teammates, I know the guys are going to give me a car capable of running up front.”
Reed at Daytona International Speedway
- Reed visits Daytona International Speedway for the second time this season. In his first NASCAR Nationwide Series start at the 2.5-mile track earlier this season, Reed finished 18th.
- Chassis RK-794 returns to a restrictor plate track for the third time this season. The team unloaded this car in Daytona, but was forced to a backup car after a qualifying accident. This chassis most recently raced at Talladega Superspeedway this season, starting fourth, leading 29 laps and finishing 24th.
Patriotic Paint Scheme
- Daytona marks the final race for the patriotic No.16 American Diabetes Association Drive to Stop DiabetesSM presented by Lilly Diabetes Ford Mustang.
- Visit www.drivetostopdiabetes.org or click here to watch Reed discuss the paint scheme in support of the NASCAR Salutes program.
Friends for Life
- On Wednesday, July 2, Reed will attend the Friends For Life International Children with Diabetes Conference in Orlando. The conference features an international group of world-renowned clinicians, researchers, physicians, adults, children, and families with diabetes, who are there to learn the most current information in diabetes care. Reed will be available at the Lilly Diabetes and American Diabetes Association’s booth throughout the day
- Reed made his first NNS start at Kentucky Speedway Friday night under the lights. The driver of the No. 16 American Diabetes Association Drive to Stop Diabetes presented by Lilly Diabetes Ford Mustang had a fast car with strong lap times, battling for position inside the top-15 all evening. The rookie driver ultimately crossed the finish line 17th.