May 15, 2014 10:56 AM
Can Carl Win Another All Star Race?
Edwards on the Sprint All-Star Race:
“ The Sprint All-Star race is a blast and right now we have got nothing to do but go there and win a million bucks, and that’s about as good as it gets on a Saturday night for a race car driver. The guys have been working really hard on our Fastenal Ford Fusion, and we will go out there and give it all we’ve got. Qualifying is a blast, so hopefully that goes well. There is also the knowledge that we can acquire during the All-Star race and apply to the Coca-Cola 600. We have a lot of fun stuff to work on, no real pressure other than to go win a race, and hopefully it’s a good show.”
- Edwards at the Sprint All-Star Race
- This weekend will mark Edwards’ ninth appearance at the All-Star Race. The Roush Fenway Racing driver has one win which came in 2011.
- Edwards has an average start of 11.5 and an average finish of 11.1
- Edwards has finished in the top-five three times and in the top-ten five times.
- Primary chassis RK-910 is a new chassis.
- Backup chassis RK-880 was last run in 2014 at Vegas, finishing fifth.
- 2014 marks Fastenal’s fifth year with Roush Fenway Racing and third year in the Sprint Cup Series.
- Edwards earned Fastenal its first victory in 2010 at Road America in the NNS.
- Make sure to follow @FastenalRacing for updates on Carl Edwards and the No.99 team.