April 26, 2014 10:37 AM
Carl Edward - Richmond Advance
Edwards on Richmond: “Richmond has been great to us lately. We have a win there. I will be driving the Ford Always Racing Fusion, and it has been a lot of fun preparing for this race. We actually did some racing, myself and some of the other Ford drivers, with the Ford Flyer. You can visit FordAlwaysRacing.com to see it. I don’t know if you would call it racing, it was more of a demolition derby. It’s a cool paint scheme and it would be great to get a win for Ford with that car at Richmond, the track is great. For us there is really not a lot of pressure with a win already and our current points position. We are going to go there and have some fun, hopefully get our second win, and lock ourselves into the Chase. Overall that track is a good time, and I am excited to go there. Jimmy and the guys have been working really hard, so the car should be great.”
Edwards at Richmond International Raceway
- Edwards is looking for back-to-back wins at Richmond after his first victory at the three quarter mile track in the fall of 2013. Edwards came from the 26th-position to win the Federated Auto Parts 400 in September.
- Edwards has 19 Sprint Cup starts at Darlington with an average start of 13.3 and an average finish of 13.7.
- Edwards has finished in the top-five four times and in the top-ten ten times.
- Primary chassis RK- was last run in 2014 at Bristol, finishing first.
- Backup chassis RK-874 was last run in 2014 at Phoenix as a primary, finishing eighth.
Ford Always Racing
- At select NASCAR races throughout the country, Ford is inviting race fans to feel the thrill and excitement of pressing pedal to the metal—not in the driver’s seat of a NASCAR Ford Fusion, mind you, but behind the wheel of a Ford Flyer.
- Fun, fast, and low to the ground, Ford Flyers are the vehicles of choice for those who are wired to race and win. That’s the way it is with all of the Ford drivers. In down times, and even when away from the track, Ford drivers are Always Racing. Go to FordAlwaysRacing.com to see the ways in which Ford drivers turn the innocuous and everyday into a chance to race and win.
- While visiting FordAlwaysRacing.com, fans can enter for a chance to win a trip to Ford Championship Weekend, where they’ll have the opportunity to race a Ford Flyer against a favorite Ford NASCAR driver. Others will win a trip to the NASCAR Awards Banquet in Las Vegas, Nevada.