May 4, 2014 8:56 AM
Carl Edward - Talladega Advance
Edwards at Talladega Superspeedway
- Edwards will visit the 2.66 mile superspeedway for the 20th time in his Sprint Cup career this weekend. His highest finish is third which came in May 2013 after starting from the pole.
- Edwards has an average start of 13.6 and an average finish of 20.6 at Talladega.
- Edwards has finished in the top-five two times and in the top-ten five times.
- Primary chassis RK-906 is a new chassis.
- Backup chassis RK-870 was last used in 2014 as a backup at the Daytona 500, and as a primary during Daytona testing.
- 2014 marks Fastenal’s fifth year with Roush Fenway Racing and third year in the Sprint Cup Series.
- Edwards earned Fastenal its first victory in 2010 at Road America in the NNS.
- Make sure to follow @FastenalRacing for updates on Carl Edwards and the No.99 team.
Edwards on Talladega:
"One thing about this weekend at Talladega is that qualifying is going to be exciting. If I weren’t in it, I would tune in to watch because it will be entertainment. Jimmy and I have discussed this and know it will be three rounds of instant insanity. I have a feeling that it might be more dangerous than the race from a standpoint of tearing the race cars up. I really don’t know what to expect. I am glad that we are in the position we are in with points and a win going into this weekend. It’s going to be interesting. Our plan is to go for it and put our Fastenal Ford Fusion into Victory Lane.”