June 4, 2014 5:12 PM
Carl Edwards Looks For His Third Win At Pocono | Pocono Advance
Edwards on Pocono:
“I enjoy racing at Pocono, it’s been a great racetrack for me as a driver and for the No.99 team. We have two wins there. It’s a very fun racetrack for the drivers. You get to shift, there are three distinct corners, extremely high speeds, and restarts are chaotic to say the least. We have the Kellogg’s Ford Fusion this weekend and have had a lot of luck in the Kellogg’s colors. We struggled a little bit at Dover, but still we have moved up to third in points which is great. Pocono is one of those racetracks that really tests the driver, the car, and the strategy, This race can be won in a number of ways so hopefully we can put together a great race and have some fun.”
- Carl Edwards headed to Dover International Speedway for the 20th time in his Sprint Cup Series career looking to capture his second win at the Monster Mile. Starting from the 27th-spot, the Roush Fenway Racing driver steadily gained track position throughout the day, and drove his way into the top-15. A tight No.99 Subway Ford Fusion set him back later on, but Edwards kept digging and came home with a 14th-place finish.
Edwards at Pocono Raceway
- Edwards has two Sprint Cup wins at the Tricky Triangle, the first came during his debut at the track in June of 2005 and the second in August of 2008.
- Edwards has 18 Sprint Cup starts at Pocono with an average start of 17.2 and an average finish of 13.3.
- Edwards has finished in the top-five five times and in the top-ten eight times.
- Primary chassis RK-921 is a new chassis.
- Backup chassis RK-874 was last run this season at Phoenix, finishing eighth.