April 5, 2014 3:10 PM
Carl Edwards - Texas Advance
Edwards at Texas Motor Speedway
- Edwards is tied with Jimmie Johnson for the most NASCAR Sprint Cup Series wins at Texas Motor Speedway with three. Edwards first went to victory lane in 2005 at the track and then swept the season in 2008.
- Edwards has 18 Sprint Cup starts at Texas Motor Speedway with an average start of 13.4 and an average finish of 15.6
- Edwards has finished in the top-five six times and in the top-ten eight times
- Primary chassis RK-897 is a new chassis
- Backup chassis RK-880 was last used in 2014 as a primary at Vegas, finishing fifth
- 2014 marks Fastenal’s fifth year with Roush Fenway Racing and third year in the Sprint Cup Series.
- Edwards earned Fastenal its first victory in 2010 at Road America in the NNS.
- Make sure to follow @FastenalRacing for updates on Carl Edwards and the No.99 team.
Edwards on Texas:
“Last week in Martinsville was fun and we are looking forward to Texas Motor Speedway. The track has been great for us and winning the pole there last year was a blast. We are headed back there in our Fastenal Ford with winning as our only goal. Eddie Gossage and the gang at Texas always make it a fun weekend and I look forward to shooting some pistols in Victory Lane.”