July 16, 2014 2:29 PM
Chris Buescher Heads to Chicago After A Top 5 Finish | Race Advance
Chris Buescher on Chicago:
“Chicago should be pretty good for us. It is really cool being a part of the Dash 4 Cash program and having the opportunity to put on a show. We had an awesome run at New Hampshire, finished fifth and had some really good pit strategy. Everything worked out in our favor and I am really proud of all of our guys. I am hoping that we can keep the momentum rolling in our Ford EcoBoost Mustang and not only get the Nationwide Dash 4 Cash, but capture another top five or possibly a win at Chicagoland.”
New Hampshire Recap
- Starting from the ninth-spot the No.60 EcoBoost Ford Mustang fell a lap down early, but benefited from the “lucky dog” when a caution came out on lap 106. This yellow would mark the second and final stop of the day for Buescher as the team filled their machine with as much fuel as possible. After another caution on lap 139, Crew Chief Scott Graves instructed the Roush Fenway Driver to stay out in an attempt to make it to the end on fuel. Buescher restarted in first and was shuffled back to the fifth spot where he would remain for the remainder of the day.
Buescher at Chicagoland Speedway
- 2014 will mark Buescher’s first trip to Chicago in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS).
- Buescher has two top-five finishes at Chicago in the ARCA Racing Series. In 2011 he started from the seventh-spot, finishing second. In 2012, Buescher qualified 10th and finished in fourth.
- Buescher will be the ESPN in-race reporter for the EnjoyIllinois.com 300.
- Buescher is one of four NNS drivers competing for $100,000 in the NASCAR Nationwide Series Dash 4 Cash program.
- No.99 Sprint Cup Series front tire changer Mike Lingerfelt will be filling in on the No.60 team this weekend.
- Primary chassis RK-805 was last run in 2014 at Dover, starting in eighth and finishing in the 11th-position.
- For 2014, EcoBoost will be available on more than 90% of the Ford nameplates, rising to 95% by 2015.
- EcoBoost technology combines smaller overall size with turbocharging, direct injection and variable valve timing for outstanding performance and fuel economy.
- Better fuel efficiency and lower fuel bills are the top reasons for EcoBoost engines.