June 18, 2014 12:25 PM
Extra Seat Time | Ricky Stenhouse Jr Sonoma Advance
Stenhouse Jr. on racing at Sonoma:
“Last year was my first time racing at Sonoma and I learned a few things that make me more confident going into this weekend. We have also done some road course testing this season because seat time is so valuable. I’m going to run the K&N race on Saturday so that should help me get more familiar with the track and should help me get ready for Sunday. I think if we can leave Sonoma with a top-20 finish then it would be a successful weekend for us.”
Stenhouse Jr. at Sonoma Raceway
- Last year despite never running a single lap at the 1.99-mile 11-turn road course, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. fought his way to a 27th-place finish in Sunday’s Save-mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway.
- Stenhouse Jr. will have extra seat time this weekend as he will be running the No. 99 machine in the K&N West race.
- Chassis RK-919 is a new chassis for the No. 17 team.
Ecopower Re-Refined Oil
- EcoPower will serve as the primary sponsor on the No. 17 EcoPower Ford Fusion, driven by Ricky Stenhouse Jr. for five races in the NSCS.
- EcoPower is a recently introduced brand of motor oil that is re-cycled and re-refined from used lubricating oils. It protects engines and protects the environment.
- EcoPower is primarily sold to large corporate and government fleets, as well as consumers through do-it-for-me oil change outlets.
- EcoPower is by far the largest seller of lubricants to the U.S. Military for all branches all over the World; Safety-Kleen has been the majority supplier for almost 20 years. EcoPower protects some of the largest State and municipal fleets.
Mike Kelley on racing at Sonoma:
“We have done some testing this year to get ready for the road course races so hopefully we can get a solid finish at Sonoma. Ricky is going to run the K&N race in Sonoma so that seat time should help him get more acclimated with the track and should be beneficial on Sunday. In the past, the races have come down to pit strategy so hopefully we will have the right strategy and can come home with a solid top-20 finish.”