May 23, 2014 11:19 AM
Finding The Right Groove. Trevor Bayne – Charlotte Advance
Bayne on racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway:
“Racing in Charlotte is always something that I look forward to. It’s a really special weekend that motivates you to run well because this race is in everyone’s backyard and you want to put on a good show for all of your guys and for the hometown fans. Plus, Charlotte allows some of our guys that don’t normally get to come to the track the chance to come out and be there with their families. It’s just a special weekend and I hope that we can cap it off with a strong run in our No.6 AdvoCare Ford Mustang.”
Bayne at Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Trevor Bayne will make his sixth NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) start at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway this Saturday. In five previous starts at the 1.5-mile oval, Bayne has recorded one top-five finish and three top-10s.
- Bayne’s average finish of 10.2 at Charlotte ranks fifth among all tracks that he has competed on in the NNS, trailing only Mid-Ohio (9.0), New Hampshire Motor Speedway (8.0), Homestead-Miami Speedway (7.0) and Las Vegas Motor Speedway (5.4).
- In the past 18 NNS races held at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Bayne ranks first in quality passes (215), sixth in average running position (11.68), ninth in driver rating (90.6) and ninth in fastest speed on restarts (165.39 mph), according to NASCAR’s loop data statistics.
- Bayne will also be behind the wheel of the No.21 Motorcraft / Quick Lane Ford Fusion for the Wood Brothers on Sunday evening in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS). In four previous NSCS starts at Charlotte, Bayne has completed 99.1 percent (1,455 out of 1,468) laps at the 1.5-mile oval.
- Bayne’s average start of 17.0 at Charlotte ranks third among all tracks he has competed on in the NSCS, trailing only Michigan International Speedway (15.5) and Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway (14.0).
- Bayne earned his best finish of 16th at Charlotte Motor Speedway in the May 26, 2013 running of the Coca-Cola 600.
- The No.6 AdvoCare team will race chassis RK-811 on Saturday afternoon in Charlotte. This chassis most recently finished ninth at Auto Club Speedway earlier this season.
- Bayne ran inside the top 10 throughout the majority of the 250-Lap event at Iowa Speedway and had one of the fastest cars on the track during long green flag runs. In the end, the No. 6 team brought home their eighth top-10 finish of the 2014 season, finishing ninth. With the result, Bayne now ranks fifth in the championship standings, trailing leader Chase Elliott by 36 points.
Crew Chief Chad Norris on Charlotte:
“We’re definitely excited to be racing at home this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway. This is always a fun weekend for racing as you get to race on your home turf. The competition definitely steps up their game when you come to Charlotte, which makes it a really unique atmosphere. Add in the fact that Trevor has been running well there lately and we feel like we’ve got a great chance to get our No.6 AdvoCare Ford up front on Saturday afternoon.”