July 9, 2014 6:22 PM
First Race To Dash 4 The Cash | Ryan Reed Advance
Reed on racing at New Hampshire Motor Speedway
“It’s cool to visit Loudon, especially with Fenway’s home base being so close. I have one start here a few years ago in the K&N Series, so hopefully it won’t take me too long to get familiar with the track again. I know we will have a strong Drive to Stop Diabetes Ford Mustang.”
Reed at New Hampshire Motor Speedway
- Reed visits New Hampshire Motor Speedway for the first time in his NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) career.
- Chassis RK-825 hits the track for the second time this season. Earlier this year, the No. 16 team raced this chassis at Richmond International Raceway, finishing 12th.
- On Thursday afternoon, Reed will visit with Joslin Pediatrics at Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston. Joslin Diabetes Center is the world’s largest diabetes research center, diabetes clinic, and provider of diabetes education.
- Following the Joslin Diabetes Center visit, Reed will head to Fenway Park, to watch the Boston Red Sox take on the Chicago White Sox at 4:10 pm ET.
Reed earned his career-best NNS finish last Friday night under the lights at Daytona International Speedway. The rookie ran a strong race and avoided multiple late-race accidents, piloting his No. 16 Ford Mustang into fourth at the checkered flag.
Dash 4 Cash
- With his fourth-place finish at Daytona International Speedway, Reed is eligible in New Hampshire for the Dash 4 Cash. If Reed places above Regan Smith, Ryan Sieg or Jeremy Clements, he will bring home a $100,000 bonus.