June 26, 2014 12:34 PM
First Visit To Kentucky For Chris Buescher | Advance
Chris Buescher on Kentucky:
“We just got done running our morning test session at Kentucky and so far it’s been smooth. It’s my first time here and it’s a fun track. Kentucky is very rough but we are getting the hang of it. Our Ford EcoBoost Mustang should be fast for Friday night.”
Road America Recap
- The Roush Fenway Racing driver started in the ninth-position and faced early adversity after flat spotting and having to pit for left front tire trouble, followed immediately by a pass through penalty for speeding upon exit. The team reached as high as the second-spot and generated a fuel strategy that almost got them to the end, until a late caution required a final stop, placing the No. 60 Roush Performance Parts Mustang in 18th at the end of the day.
Buescher at Kentucky Speedway
- 2014 will mark Buescher’s first trip to Kentucky in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS).
- Primary chassis RK-831 is a new chassis.
- For 2014, EcoBoost will be available on more than 90% of the Ford nameplates, rising to 95% by 2015.
- EcoBoost technology combines smaller overall size with turbocharging, direct injection and variable valve timing for outstanding performance and fuel economy.
- Better fuel efficiency and lower fuel bills are the top reasons for EcoBoost engines.