July 5, 2014 1:01 PM
Greg Biffle | Daytona Advance
Biffle on Daytona:
“I’m looking forward to this weekend. Hopefully we can get a top-10 finish or a win. Daytona under the lights is always exciting and was the site of my first win, a long time ago. I’m hoping to back it up with another this weekend.”
Biffle at Daytona
- Biffle has 23 starts at Daytona, earning one win, three top-five and seven top-10 finishes.
- July 2003 - Biffle earns first Sprint Cup victory at Daytona
- February 2004 - Biffle earns first career pole position for the Daytona 500
- February 2012 – Biffle is part of the Daytona 500 all-Ford starting row with a second-place qualifying effort
- The No. 16 3M Ford has a special patriotic look for the holiday weekend. A bald eagle is proudly featured on both sides of the car and the overall theme of the car is red, white and blue.
- Chassis RK-798 last raced at Talladega where Biffle led 58 laps and crossed the finish line second.
- Two members of the 3M team call Florida home. Driveline mechanic Alan Buzze is from Vero Beach, FL, while chassis mechanic Jason Overstreet is from Clearwater Beach, FL.
Puccia on Daytona:
“We’ve worked really hard on our speedway program in the off season and had a strong run at Daytona in February and Talladega. This weekend is a good opportunity for us to build momentum.”