May 31, 2014 11:17 AM
Ricky Stenhouse Jr Takes On Miles The Monster | Dover Advance
Stenhouse Jr. at Dover International Speedway
- Stenhouse Jr. has three career Sprint Cup starts at the Monster Mile. He has an average starting position of 18.3 and average finishing position of 14.0.
- The two-time Nationwide champion has six Nationwide starts at Dover earning two top-five and two top-10 finishes.
- The No. 17 Nationwide Insurance Ford will carry the Autism speaks decal this weekend.
- Chassis RK-914 is a brand new chassis.
- The backup Chassis RK-888 is the same chassis that Stenhouse raced at Bristol earning his career best finish of second.
- Team car chief, Patrick Magee, grew up in Millville, Delaware which is approximately 60 miles from Dover International Speedway.
- With the Nationwide Eagle on the hood, the No. 17 Nationwide Insurance primary paint scheme has earned one top-five and two top-10 finishes this season.
Stenhouse Jr. on the FedEx 400:
“I always look forward to racing at Dover. Dover is a tough track hence the nickname ‘Monster Mile’. The turns are unique because of the way you drive up out of them. It is important to qualify well and stay up front because track position is so important. This is Nationwide Insurance’s last time on our car so it would be great to get a top-10 finish this weekend for them.”
Mike Kelley on the FedEx 400:
“Dover is a unique concrete track that is tough on our cars. Track position is crucial because it is easy to go a lap down so the key is to stay up front and execute on pit-road. Roush as a company has been strong at Dover so hopefully we can get another top-10 finish this weekend.”