June 12, 2014 7:09 PM
Ricky Stenhouse Michigan Advance
Stenhouse Jr. on racing at Michigan:
“We always want to have a strong run at Michigan since it’s in the backyard of Ford and Roush Industries. We had a strong run at Pocono so hopefully we can carry that momentum into this weekend. Ecopower Re-Refined Oil will make their debut on our car this weekend so hopefully we can have a strong run for them this weekend. Track position is essential so we will focus on qualifying on Friday and staying up front for the duration of the 200-lap race.”
Stenhouse Jr. at Michigan International Speedway
- Stenhouse has two career Sprint Cup starts at MIS with an average starting position of 18.5 and average finishing position of 17.5.
- Stenhouse is currently 26th in the point standings with one top-five and three top-10 finishes this season.
- Chassis RK-882 is the same chassis that the No.17 team raced at Kansas finishing 22nd after battling an ill-handling race car for a majority of the event.
Ecopower Re-Refined Oil
- EcoPower will serve as the primary sponsor on the No. 17 EcoPower Ford Fusion, driven by Ricky Stenhouse Jr. for five races in the NSCS - with the first race being this weekend at MIS.
- EcoPower is a recently introduced brand of motor oil that is re-cycled and re-refined from used lubricating oils. It protects engines and protects the environment.
- EcoPower is primarily sold to large corporate and government fleets, as well as consumers through do-it-for-me oil change outlets.
- EcoPower is by far the largest seller of lubricants to the U.S. Military for all branches all over the World; Safety-Kleen has been the majority supplier for almost 20 years. EcoPower protects some of the largest State and municipal fleets.
Mike Kelley on racing at Michigan:
“Michigan is a fast track after the repave. We have been testing so hopefully we can use some of that information this weekend at Michigan. As an organization, we always want to run strong at Michigan since it is in the backyard of Ford and Roush Industries. Pit strategy usually comes into play at Michigan so we will have to make smart calls during the race and keep our Ecopower Ford up front and hopefully earn another top-10 finish.”