April 10, 2014 12:12 PM
Ryan Reed – Darlington Advance
Reed on racing at Darlington Raceway:
“Darlington is definitely one of the most intimidating places we go to. I have been watching a lot of the old race tapes and talking to my teammates about what to expect. It looks like a blast to drive though, so I just want to go there and have some fun.”
Reed at Darlington Raceway
- In his 13th overall NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) start, Roush Fenway Racing rookie Ryan Reed will make his first start at Darlington Raceway.
- Reed and the No. 16 American Diabetes Association Drive to Stop DiabetesSM presented by Lilly Diabetes team bring chassis RK-827 to the track for the second time this season. This chassis last raced at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, where Reed finished 15th.
Visit the American Diabetes Association’s Drive to Stop DiabetesSM Midway Display
- Drive to Stop DiabetesSM (D2SD) will host an activation space in the fan midway at Darlington Raceway. The display area features the No. 16 D2SD racing simulator, diabetes awareness and educational materials as well as various prizes.
- Reed will appear for a Q&A at the Drive to Stop DiabetesSM display on Friday, April 11 from 2:30 – 2:45 p.m.
- Jay Maybry, Truck Driver for the No. 16 team, visits his home state of South Carolina this weekend. His hometown of Campobello, located close to the North Carolina border, is three hours from the track.
- Reed overcame an ill-handling race car and a pit road speeding penalty to finish 20th in last Friday’s NNS race at Texas Motor Speedway.