August 20, 2014 1:33 PM
Sweep? | Carl Edwards Bristol Advance
Edwards on the Bristol:
“We are headed to the night race at Bristol. Probably one of the most, if not the most, exciting races of the year. We won there this spring which was a blast. Fastenal is on the car and it's a great opportunity for us to get them a win and get us another win before the Chase and get some bonus points. At the very least we'll just go there and have a good time. Last week was a big struggle for us, but the car had a lot of speed in qualifying so it looks like some of the work we've been doing is paying off.”
- After a strong qualifying effort and securing the third spot in the starting lineup of Sunday’s Sprint Cup Series race at Michigan International Speedway, Carl Edwards and the No. 99 team fought a “wrecking-loose” condition the majority of the race and when it was all over were scored two laps down in 23rd when the checkers flew at the end of the 200-lap race on the two-mile oval.
Edwards at Bristol
- Edwards has three wins at Bristol in the Sprint Cup Series to include the Spring race there this year and 2007 and 2008.
- Edwards has 20 Sprint Cup starts at Bristol with an average start of 17.4 and an average finish of 15.2.
- Edwards has one Nationwide Series win there in 2007.
- Primary chassis RK-897 was last run in spring of 2014 at Michigan, starting in the 22nd spot and finishing 23rd.
- Backup chassis RK-904 was last brought to Pocono in 2014 as the back-up car.