May 1, 2014 9:32 PM
Trevor Bayne- Talladega Advance
Bayne on racing at Talladega Superspeedway:
“Talladega is a really fun track to race on. It’s a superspeedway, which means that we will be racing in a big pack three, sometimes four-wide. Racing in a pack is intense, but the track is wide enough that you can race like that and make some really great passes. It’s important that you ultimately race smart so that you can be around at the end of the day. With that in mind, we’re hoping that we can come out of this weekend with a great points day and put the No. 6 AdvoCare Ford Mustang in Victory Lane.”
Bayne at Talladega Superspeedway
- Trevor Bayne will be making his fourth NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) start at Talladega Superspeedway this Saturday. In three previous starts at the 2.66-mile tri-oval, Bayne has recorded one top-10 finish, a sixth-place result in 2011, and has started in the top five twice.
- In the past nine NNS races held at Talladega Superspeedway, Bayne ranks first in green flag speed (190.985 mph), speed in traffic (190.995 mph), speed on restarts (174.973 mph) and in speed early in a run (191.173 mph). Bayne also ranks fourth overall with an average running position of 11.36 and in driver rating with an average rating of 100.8, according to NASCAR’s loop data statistics.
- Bayne’s 25 laps led at Talladega rank fifth among all tracks he has competed on in the NNS, trailing only New Hampshire Motor Speedway (58), Iowa Speedway (58), Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway (77) and Lucas Oil (Ind.) Raceway Park (89).
- Bayne will also be piloting the No. 21 Motorcraft / Quick Lane Ford Fusion for the Wood Brothers on Sunday afternoon in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS). Bayne is a previous winner on the restrictor-plate tracks in the NCSC, earning his first Sprint Cup victory in the 2011 running of the Daytona 500.
- According to NASCAR’s loop data statistics, Bayne currently ranks fifth in green flag speed (193.064 mph) and eighth in quality passes made with an average of 236.2 passes in the NSCS at Talladega.
- The No.6 AdvoCare team will race chassis RK-835 on Saturday afternoon in Alabama. This chassis most recently earned a third-place finish in the season opening event at Daytona International Speedway with driver Trevor Bayne.
- Bayne and the No. 6 team faced all of the elements at Richmond International Speedway last Friday night. Battling rain, extensive tire-wear and slick track conditions, the driver of the No. 6 AdvoCare Ford Mustang was able to come home with an 11th-place finish.
Crew Chief Chad Norris on Talladega:
“Talladega is always a track that you circle on the calendar. It’s action-packed. We are looking forward to heading down there with Trevor. He is very talented on the restrictor-plate tracks and really knows how to work the draft. That gives us a lot of confidence going into this weekend and we hope that we can build on our third-place result from the first restrictor-plate race at Daytona earlier this year.”