Biffle Zones In On Daytona 500 – Advance
Biffle in the Daytona 500
- Biffle has finished in the top 10 in the last three Daytona 500’s:
- 2014: Biffle qualified third, narrowly missing a front row starting position. Biffle brushed the wall early on in the 500, but rebounded to lead eight laps on his way to an eighth-place finish.
- 2013: Biffle finished second in both the Sprint Unlimited and the Duel, setting himself up fifth for the Daytona 500. Biffle was looking at a third-place finish, until the bottom line made a move in the end, resulting in a sixth-place finish.
- 2012: Biffle started second in the Daytona 500 and during the race led the field eight different times for a combined total of 44 laps. In the end he fell just short of winning, settling for a third-place finish.
- Biffle has 12 career Daytona 500 starts, earning two top-five and five top-10 finishes.
- February 2012 – Biffle is part of the Daytona 500 all-Ford starting row with a second-place qualifying effort
- Biffle earned his first career Sprint Cup pole position in 2004 for the Daytona 500.
July 2003 – Biffle earns first Sprint Cup victory at Daytona
Greg Biffle and Jack Roush will both be at Westside Elementary School at 8;30am Friday morning on behalf of ScottsMiracle-Gro’s GRO1000 program. GRO1000 is ScottsMiracle-Gro’s commitment to create 1,000 community gardens and green spaces by 2018. www.GRO1000.com
Biffle’s No. 16 Ford Fusion will feature a Bug B Gone design for the Daytona 500. Bug B Gone is one of three Scotts Ortho brand schemes that Biffle will showcase throughout the season; others include Home Defense and Fire Ant Killer.
Designed to educate consumers about Ortho products, “What’s Buggin’ Biffle” takes on everyday challenges and gives homeowners real-life answers. The web-series gives fans a peek under Biffle’s hood to see what’s buggin’ him both on-and-off the track. Check out www.drivebugsaway.com for the latest episodes!
Biffle on the Daytona 500:
“Our Ortho Ford is pretty good. I’m excited about the 150’s and getting a good starting position for the 500. It’s a long race and I feel like we have a good opportunity to run up front and be there at the end.”
Puccia on the Daytona 500:
“The Daytona 500 is a very important race, it’s the premier race of the year and important to get the season kicked off on a high note. We’ve got the Duel’s on Thursday to try and secure a good starting position for the 500. We are looking to build momentum and get the season off to good start with our No. 16 Ortho Ford.”