Currently recruiting for a Dymola Simulation Engineer
Roush Fenway Racing, LLC, in Concord, North Carolina, seeks a Dymola Simulation Engineer to perform advanced full vehicle modeling and lap-time simulation. This position requires use of Modelica and Dymola.
- Build vehicle models using Dymola multi-body dynamics (MBD) simulation software and run full vehicle simulation models
- Develop and evaluate limit-handling driver models and correlate with track test data
- Write custom computer codes in Modelica to extract relevant data from computer-aided engineering (CAE) tools and automate existing CAE processes
- Create simulation procedures to evaluate and optimize vehicle performance
- Validate Dymola vehicle models with track test vehicle data
- Identify and evaluate new MBD and optimization routines
- Write and maintain technical documentation of Dymola vehicle modeling strategies
Minimum education required
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautics Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
Minimum experience required
1 year experience in an applications engineering or CAE position working with Dymola systems modeling
Education must include
1 semester coursework in each of the following (coursework may be undertaken concurrently): dynamics systems; controls engineering; and optimization
Must have 6 months’ experience in each of the following
- programming in Modelica
- using Dymola to perform MBD simulations
- evaluation and correlation of dynamic models with test data
- application of concepts, principles, and theory of MBD to dynamic models
- simulation and design of experiments with Modelica models and Functional Mock-up Units (FMUs) for automotive applications in Dymola
- analysis and control of transient and steady-state characteristics of dynamic models
Experience may be acquired concurrently.
Apply online at www.roushfenway.com; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail resume to Roush Fenway Racing, LLC, Human Resources Director, 4600 Roush Place NW, Concord, NC 28027.