eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series – Advance
eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series – Sunday, April 26 at 1 p.m. ET on FOX Broadcast Network, FS1, FOX Sports App
· Week five of the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series takes place from the virtual Talladega Superspeedway, where the stars of the NASCAR Cup Series were set to tackle the 2.66-mile superspeedway this weekend on the real-life NASCAR schedule.
· To date, the series has garnered just under 4.5 million viewers in three events, earning a top rating of 0.81 at virtual Texas, breaking its own record for the most viewed eSports event in U.S. TV history.
· Over the course of the series thus far, NASCAR, iRacing and FOX have made several changes based off feedback, the most recent being a trimmed-down field of 26 cars last week at virtual Richmond. Additionally, the series added a spin-off Saturday night event, where drivers from the ARCA Menards Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series, NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series, and other regional series test their talents each week.
· This week, the full field is back for Sunday’s Pro Invitational Series event from Talladega, with traditional time-trial qualifying slated to set the lineup for Sunday’s 150-mile race.
Buescher at Talladega Superspeedway
· Buescher has nine career Cup Series starts at Talladega dating back to 2015 with a best finish of 11th (spring 2018). Most recently he finished 20th last fall.
· Buescher also has a pair of Xfinity starts at Talladega, where he finished second in the No. 60 for Jack Roush back in 2014, and sixth a year later.
· Through four weeks in the #ProInvitationalSeries, Buescher has finished 28th, 18th, 23rd and 21st, after leading 30 laps at Bristol Motor Speedway three weeks ago, before getting caught up in a late accident with a glitching car.
Chastain at Talladega Superspeedway
· Chastain has four Cup Series starts at Talladega, most recently earning a best finish of 12th in last fall’s race where Ryan Newman finished second in a photo-finish to Ryan Blaney.
· In Xfinity action, Chastain has a best-career finish of 16th, which came back in the spring of 2016.
· Chastain has shown signs of strength thus far in the #ProInvitationalSeries, putting his eMustang up front early at Homestead, before going on to finish 22nd (Texas), 16th (Bristol) and 13th (Richmond).
On the eCars
RFR team partner Castrol – paired with Nutrien Ag Solutions from Chastain’s Xfinity Series entry – will ride on the No. 6 eMustang. 10-year partner Fastenal will once again be on board Buescher’s virtual No. 17 machine.
NASCAR and iRacing have an unprecedented history in the esports space, currently in the 11th season of the longest-running officially sanctioned esports racing series, the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series. It features 40 of the best sim racers in the world competing for more than $300,000, one of the richest payouts in esports racing competition.
Roush Fenway’s 2020 lineup includes Nathan Lyon, driver of the No. 6 and a native of St. Louis Missouri, and Kollin Keister, driver of the No. 17, who hails from Frostburg, Maryland.