Environmental Initiatives & Objectives
Roush Fenway Racing considers sustainability and environmental management to be consistent with its overall corporate goals and values. Roush Fenway Racing recognizes that sustainable operations and effective environmental management can positively impact corporate profitability while protecting our employees and the environment.
We are committed to balancing environmental protection, social responsibility and economic progress without impacting on-track performance. This commitment to sustainability and the triple bottom line (people, planet and profit) is reflected in our policies, programs and practices for conducting operations in an environmentally, as well as economically, responsible manner.
Our dedication to sustainable development can be seen at our corporate headquarters, within our race shops and at the track. We continue to work with our sponsor and vendor partners to develop ways we can become even more sustainable.
- Roush Fenway recycles 96% of every race car
- In 2012, Roush Fenway recycled over 68 tons of waste (plastic, paper and metal), including 26,660 lbs of plastic, 100,000 lbs of steel and aluminum and 9,910 lbs of paper
- In 2012, Roush Fenway reduced the overall amount of waste produced by more than 11 tons
- In 2012, Roush Fenway generated 13,000 kWh of electricity through photovoltaics
- Installation of 12,000 sq. ft. of solar radiant heat
- Use of waterborn paint systems for race cars in conjunction with Sherwin Williams
- Implementation of aerosol collection in conjunction with Safety Kleen
- Smaller initiatives include – elimination of Styrofoam; printer duplexing; sharing periodicals to reduce subscriptions; utilizing recycled paper products; printing only when necessary; use of lighting occupancy sensors; switching from 400w to 360w metal halide; and switching to newer LED bulbs where applicable
Goals/Objectives Moving Forward
Primary goal for 2013: Achieve awareness about air quality in the region and effect meaningful change in our indoor and outdoor air quality.
Currently working on:
- How to recycle more of each race car
- No idling campaign
- Working with suppliers to reduce packaging on all shipments received