Ryan Newman – Richmond Advance
Newman at Richmond Raceway
- Newman will make his 35th Cup start at Richmond on Saturday. In 34 prior events, Newman has 18 top-10s with seven top-fives and one win (2003). He’s led 483 laps at the .75-mile track with an average finish of 12.6 overall.
- Newman’s win came in the fall race back in 2003 when he went on to capture eight victories that season. He started fourth that race and went on to lead the final 124 laps, holding off Jeremy Mayfield and Ricky Rudd for the checkered flag.
- Overall Newman has six finishes inside the top-three at Richmond, including runner-up results in 2002 (twice), the win in 2003, and third in 2005, 2013 and 2017. Newman earned two top-10s at the track in 2017 crossing the line seventh in the spring and third that fall.
- Newman has one pole at Richmond back in 2004, and hold an average starting position of 13.3.
- He also has five starts in the Xfinity Series at Richmond, recording two top-fives with a best finish of third in 2007.
Scott Graves at Richmond Raceway
- Graves will call his seventh MENCS race at Richmond on Saturday. In six prior events, he has a best finish of seventh with Daniel Suarez in 2017. He also finished top-10 with Ricky Stenhouse Jr., in 2013 and 10th with Suarez in 2018.
- Graves has also called seven Xfinity Series events from atop the box at Richmond, earning five top-10s and one top-five. He led Suarez to fourth and eighth in 2016, and finished seventh once and 10th twice with Chris Buescher in 2014 and 2015.
Newman on racing at Richmond:
“I’ve always enjoyed going to Richmond and racing at night is an added bonus. I’ve had some pretty good success there over the years with a win early in my career and a couple strong finishes as of late. We had a really strong weekend in Bristol so I’m looking forward to seeing that carry over into Richmond.”