April 12, 2014 5:08 PM
Carl Edwards - Darlington Advance
Edwards at Darlington Raceway
- Edwards has yet to capture a win at Darlington Raceway, finishing second in 2008 and 2011
- Edwards has 10 Sprint Cup starts at Darlington with an average start of 15.9 and an average finish of 12.5
- Edwards has finished in the top-five three times and in the top-ten seven times
- Primary chassis RK-874 was last run in 2014 at Phoenix, finishing eighth
- Backup chassis RK-880 was last used in 2014 as a primary at Vegas, finishing fifth
- For 2014, EcoBoost will be available on more than 90% of the FORD nameplates, rising to 95% by 2015.
- EcoBoost technology combines smaller overall size with turbocharging, direct injection and variable valve timing for outstanding performance and fuel economy.
- Better fuel efficiency and lower fuel bills are the top reasons for EcoBoost engines.
Edwards on Darlington:
“We have EcoBoost on the car this week, it’s only the decals though because EcoBoost is so technologically advanced I don’t think they’d allow it. It would be an unfair advantage if we actually had an EcoBoost engine. Darlington is a lot of fun. It’s a 500 mile race so it is a true test of man and machine, and it is one of the toughest races of the year. It’s a fast race track, there is so much history there, and to win there would be great.”