April 23, 2014 4:30 PM
Chris Buescher - Richmond Advance
Chris Buescher on Richmond:
“I’m excited to go to Richmond. I have not run there in several years, but I really enjoyed it. Our team has made large strides in the past few weeks, and we are coming off of a season-high qualifying effort at Darlington. We have some luck that we need to get back on our side this weekend as well. I feel like this is a track where we can go and have a solid top-ten run.”
Buescher at Richmond International Raceway
- 2014 will mark Buescher’s second trip to Richmond International Raceway. He competed in the NASCAR Nationwide Series at the 3/4 mile track in 2011 as a backup for Trevor Bayne, who fell ill.
- In 2011 Buescher began from the 21st-position finishing in 17th.
- Primary chassis RK-809 was last run as a primary at Texas, finishing 27th due to a late race accident.
- Backup chassis RK-777 last served as a backup at Darlington this season. It was last run as a primary at Kentucky in Sept. 2013 by the No. 60 team of Travis Pastrana and was involved in a wreck on lap 59 of the 200 lap race.
- For 2014, EcoBoost will be available on more than 90% of the FORD nameplates, rising to 95% by 2015.
- EcoBoost technology combines smaller overall size with turbocharging, direct injection and variable valve timing for outstanding performance and fuel economy.
- Better fuel efficiency and lower fuel bills are the top reasons for EcoBoost engines.