August 27, 2014 11:03 AM
First Nationwide Start At AMS | Ryan Reed Atlanta Advance
Reed on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
“I’m excited to head to Atlanta for my first Nationwide start there. We’ve had some solid finishes the last few weeks, and I’m hoping that this Drive to Stop Diabetes team can build on that and land inside the top-10 on Saturday night.”
Reed at Atlanta Motor Speedway
- Roush Fenway Racing rookie of the year contender Ryan Reed will make his first NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) start at Atlanta Motor Speedway on Saturday evening.
- The No. 16 American Diabetes Association Drive to Stop DiabetesSM presented by Lilly Diabetes team unloads Chassis RK-808 for the fourth time this season. This chassis previously raced at Auto Club Speedway, Charlotte Motor Speedway and Kentucky Speedway, finishing 17th, 14th and 17th, respectively.
Riding with Ryan
- For the fifth time this season Reed has a special guest riding along with him during Saturday’s NNS race at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The No. 16 Mustang will carry Micah Chapman’s name above the passenger side window.
- Chapman was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of six. However, the now 11-year-old refuses to let the disease dictate his life. Instead Chapman focuses his efforts on raising diabetes awareness as well as funds to find a cure.
- “I want to raise awareness so we all can support one another,” said Chapman. “Even though I have type 1 diabetes, I can do great things!”
- “What Micah has done to raise awareness for diabetes is truly inspiring,” said Reed. “I’m honored to carry his name on our Drive to Stop Diabetes Mustang this weekend. It’s amazing to see how active and supportive the diabetes community is, it’s something that I am proud to be a part of.”
Visit the American Diabetes Association’s Drive to Stop Diabetes Midway Display
- Drive to Stop Diabetes presented by Lilly Diabetes will host an activation space in the fan midway at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The display area features the No. 16 Drive to Stop Diabetes racing simulator, diabetes awareness and educational materials as well as various prizes.
- Reed will appear for a Q&A at the Drive to Stop Diabetes display on Saturday, August 30 from 3:00 – 3:15 p.m. ET.
- Reed and the No. 16 team battled a tight Ford Mustang all race long at the ‘World’s Fastest Half-Mile’. The rookie persevered throughout the night, earning the free pass twice and bringing the No. 16 Ford Mustang home with a 14th-place finish last Friday evening at Bristol Motor Speedway.