August 27, 2014 11:31 AM
"Character" | Trevor Bayne Atlanta Advance
Bayne on racing at Atlanta:
“I’m ready for Atlanta this weekend. It’s one of the fastest 1.5-mile tracks that we go to even with the rough, abrasive surface. It’s a really wide track that lets you race from the top down to the bottom of the track, which makes racing there a lot of fun. We’ve also run pretty good as of late on the 1.5-milers, finishing second in Chicago. I’m just excited to get back to the track and get the No. 6 AdvoCare Ford Mustang up front.”
Bayne at Atlanta
- Trevor Bayne makes his fifth NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) start at Atlanta Motor Speedway on Saturday night. In four previous starts at the 1.54-mile oval, Bayne has recorded one top-10 finish, a seventh-place result in this event in 2013.
- In 38 career starts on 1.5-mile tracks in the NNS, Bayne has recorded one win, nine top-five finishes, 17 top-10 finishes and has an average finish of 11.2.
- According to NASCAR’s loop data statistics, Bayne is tied for sixth in fastest laps run (16) and eighth in laps run in the top 15 (545). The driver of the No.6 AdvoCare Ford Mustang also ranks ninth in average running position (11.53) and 10th in driver rating (89.1).
- Crew chief Chad Norris brings chassis RK-811 to Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend. This chassis previously raced earlier this season at Auto Club Speedway and Michigan International Speedway, earning finishes of ninth and 30th, respectively.
- Bayne started the Friday night matinee at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway from the 12th position and fought an ill-handling race car for much of the 300-Lap event, ultimately scoring a 13th-place finish. With the result, Bayne remains sixth in the NNS championship standings and trails leader Chase Elliott by 61 points.
Crew Chief Chad Norris on Atlanta:
“Atlanta’s a tough race track. It’s got one of the oldest surfaces on the circuit so tire management and having a good pit strategy will be key this weekend. Trevor’s run pretty strong on the 1.5-mile tracks here recently, so I’m excited for Saturday night. Hopefully by the end of the night you’ll see our AdvoCare Ford in Victory Lane.”