Ryan Newman – All-Star Advance
Newman in the All-Star Race
- Newman will make his 18th start in the All-Star Race on Saturday. He’s locked in to the event by way of his 2002 victory in The Winston, after winning the No Bull Spring qualifying event.
- Outside of his win in 2002, Newman also has two additional top five finishes in the star-studded event, second in 2004 and fifth in 2006.
- Newman is in search of his first top-10 finish in the event in seven years, when he finished 10th in two-straight events in 2011 and 2012.
- The 2003 Driver of the Year has started on the pole once for the All-Star Race back in 2005. He also started second in 2004 and 2012.
Scott Graves in the All-Star Race
- Scott Graves will be atop the pit box for his first All-Star Race on Saturday.
Newman on racing in the All-Star Race:
“The All-Star event is always a fun race that really has no limits. Everyone seems to be a little more aggressive, both in chances they take in setup and on the track since it’s a non-points event. The different segments, and now the introduction of some Gen-7 car features, will make it a challenging but fun night. One way or another it’s sure to be entertaining and we’re looking forward to it in our Acorns Ford.”
On the Car
Acorns makes its fourth appearance of the season aboard Newman’s No. 6 Ford Mustang this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
The Acorns app automatically invests your spare change from everyday purchases into your future! And that’s just the start. For just $1, $2, or $3 per month, you get the nation’s first financial wellness system at your fingertips. Set automatic Recurring Investments of just $5 a day, week or month, seamlessly save for retirement, earn money for your future from 350+ top brands, spend smarter with the only debit card that saves and invests for you and grow your knowledge with money tips on the go! With bank-level security and fraud protection built in, Acorns makes it easy to turn spare change into more for your future. Download Acorns now and get started in under 5 minutes!
Acorns is accessed simply and easily via the app for iPhone, Android or Desktop. Visit Acorns.com for more.
Newman finished 23rd last Saturday night under the lights in Kansas.