Ryan Newman – Dover Advance
Newman at Dover International Speedway
- Newman makes his 39th Cup start at Dover on Sunday, where he carries an average finish of 15th in his career.
- He has three wins all-time at ‘The Monster Mile’ – tied for his most of any track on the circuit, and one of just four tracks where he has multiple wins at (Phoenix, Loudon, Michigan). He swept the 2003 events and led a combined 593 laps in his three wins.
- During the stretch from 2002 (his first Cup event at Dover) to 2007, Newman started on the pole four times, started inside the top five in 10 of 11 events and finished top five in seven of those races.
- Most recently, Newman ran 19th and 24th last season in a doubleheader weekend at the one-mile track.
- Newman also has six Xfinity Series starts at Dover with one win (2005), two poles (2001, 2005), and three top-10s overall.
Scott Graves at Dover International Speedway
- Graves will be atop the box for his 12th Cup start at Dover this weekend, a place he has an average finish of 13.8, one of his best numbers on the circuit.
- With four top-10s overall, Graves captured them all from 2017-18 in four-straight events with Daniel Suarez, finishing sixth, eighth, third and 10th.
- Graves also called six NXS events, winning twice, most recently in 2016. He also went to victory lane with Chris Buescher in 2015, and has five top-10s in six events with an average 5.7 finish.
Newman on racing at Dover:
“Dover has historically been a good place for me personally, but the thing I like most about it is all the unique challenges it brings with managing each corner and the brakes. We’re steadily improving as both an organization and within our 6 team, and it’s going to require that same approach as we plug through the second quarter of the season and head into the summer. We’re looking forward to capturing a good run Sunday in our Guaranteed Rate Ford.”
Last Time Out
Newman picked off multiple cars in the closing laps of Sunday’s 400-mile race from Darlington to finish 10th, his third top-10 of the season.
Where They Rank
Newman is 19th in points through 12 races in the 2021 campaign.
On the Car
Guaranteed Rate returns to Newman’s machine for its third points race of 2021.
About Guaranteed Rate
The Guaranteed Rate Companies, which includes Guaranteed Rate, Inc., Guaranteed Rate Affinity, LLC, and Proper Rate, LLC, has more than 9,000 employees in over 750 offices across the United States. Headquartered in Chicago, Guaranteed Rate Companies is one of the largest retail mortgage lenders in the United States, funding over $73 billion in 2020. Founded in 2000 and located in all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Guaranteed Rate Companies has helped homeowners nationwide with home purchase loans and refinances. The company has established itself as an industry leader by introducing innovative technology, offering low rates and delivering unparalleled customer service. 2017 marked the launch of Guaranteed Rate Affinity, LLC, a mortgage origination joint venture between Guaranteed Rate, Inc. and Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a global leader in residential real estate franchising and brokerage. In 2020, the company launched Proper Rate, LLC, a mortgage origination joint venture between Guaranteed Rate, Inc. and @properties, one of the nation’s largest residential brokerage firms. Collectively, the Guaranteed Rate Companies have earned honors and awards including: Top Lender for Online Service for 2018 by U.S. News & World Report; Best Mortgage Lender for Online Loans and Best Mortgage Lender for Refinancing by NerdWallet for 2021; HousingWire’s 2020 Tech100 award for the company’s industry-leading FlashCloseSM technology; No. 3 ranking in Scotsman Guide‘s Top Retail Mortgage Lenders 2019; Chicago Agent Magazine’s Lender of the Year for five consecutive years; Chicago Tribune‘s Top Workplaces list for seven consecutive years. Visit rate.com for more information.