Ryan Newman – Fontana Advance
Newman at Auto Club Speedway
- Newman will make his 25th start at Auto Club Speedway this weekend. In 24 prior starts, Newman has nine top-10 and five top-five finishes at the 2-mile track.
- Newman’s last top-10 at ACS came in 2015 when he finished fifth; his other top-five finishes include third (2004) and fifth on three occasions (2004, 2010, 2011).
- Despite only two top-10 finishes in his last six races, Newman has qualified particularly well at the 2-mile track dating back six races. In the last four events alone he has started no lower than ninth. Overall, Newman has an average starting spot of 13.0 including one pole and 11 starts inside the top-10.
- Newman also has two starts in the Xfinity Series at ACS with a fourth-place finish back in 2011.
Scott Graves at Auto Club Speedway
- Graves will call his third MENCS race in Fontana this weekend. In two prior starts with Ricky Stenhouse Jr., and Daniel Suarez, Graves finished 20th in 2013 (Stenhouse) and 23rd with Suarez (2018).
- Graves also has four Xfinity starts in Fontana with three top-fives. He led Chris Buescher to a fifth-place result back in 2015, Suarez to fourth in 2016, and was paired with Kyle Busch for a third-place result in 2017.
Newman on racing at Fontana:
“We’re excited to get to Fontana to close out the West Coast swing on a high note. Auto Club is a rough track that carries a ton of speed and we’re anxious to see how the new package will apply to it. We definitely showed improvements last week at Phoenix and had a solid run going, so our goal is to maintain that momentum this weekend in Fontana.”
On the Car
Performance Plus makes its 2019 debut with Ryan Newman this weekend in Fontana. Performance Plus has served as Roush Fenway’s official oil since 2014, and teamed up as the primary partner on the Fords of NASCAR Champions Matt Kenseth and Greg Biffle, and now with Newman.
About Performance Plus
Performance Plus is a premium brand of lubricants that provide superior quality and unmatched performance at a competitive price. Produced and distributed by Safety-Kleen, a subsidiary of Clean Harbors (NYSE: CLH), Performance Plus products use conventionally refined oils and proprietary twice-refined oils, blended with industry-leading additives, to meet and exceed industry certifications, licenses, approvals and OEM warranty requirements. With more than 30 years of innovation, research and testing, Performance Plus formulations are relied on by some of the largest commercial fleets and U.S. military combat vehicles, as well as race teams at events across North America. Visit PerformancePlusOils.com.