Trevor Bayne – Kansas Advance
Team: No. 6 AdvoCare Rehydrate Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Matt Puccia
PR Contact: Brandon Lee; firstname.lastname@example.org; 704-783-5446
Twitter: @Roush6Team, @RoushFenway and @TBayne6
Hollywood Casino 400 – Sunday, October 21 at 2:30 p.m. ET on NBC, MRN
Bayne at Kansas Speedway
- Bayne will make his eighth MENCS start at Kansas on Sunday. In seven starts, Bayne has an average starting position of 22.9 and an average finish of 20.3.
- Bayne’s top performance came just a year ago in the spring race, where he led a lap and crossed the line 10th after starting 16th. He also finished top-20 in the fall of 2015 (18th), fall 2016 (17th) and fall 2017 (20th).
- Bayne’s best qualifying effort of 10th came back in the spring of 2016.
- The 2011 Daytona 500 Champion also has four starts at Kansas in the Xfinity Series, where he tallied three top-10 finishes. He crossed the line ninth in both 2011 and 2013, and finished eighth in his final NXS race there in 2014.
Last Time at Kansas
- Matt Kenseth made his return to Roush Fenway Racing in the 2018 spring race at Kansas Speedway, finishing 36th after being collected in a multi-car accident late in the race.
Matt Puccia at Kansas Speedway
- Matt Puccia will be atop the pit box for his 15th MENCS race at Kansas, and fifth with Trevor Bayne. In 14 prior events, Puccia has an average finish of 17.1 with three top-10s and one top five.
- Puccia led Bayne to a 10th-place effort in last season’s spring race for the duo’s best performance at the 1.5-mile track.
- Puccia also called nine races for former RFR driver Greg Biffle, earning a pair of top-10s, including one fifth-place effort in 2012. In his first ever Cup race at Kansas, Puccia helped Biffle to the pole position in 2011 before going on to finish eighth.
Bayne on racing at Kansas:
“I’m looking forward to getting back to Kansas, a track we’ve had success at coming off a top-10 there last year. We survived Talladega last weekend and were able to hang tough for a solid result, so we’re looking to carry that luck into this weekend at another 1.5-mile track. Hopefully we can unload with some good speed and put our AdvoCare Rehydrate Ford towards the front.”
Bayne battled back from an ill-handling car early in the race and survived a flurry of late-race cautions to finish 13th at Talladega last weekend.
On the Car
Bayne will once again run the colors of AdvoCare Rehydrate this weekend, a scheme that promotes AdvoCare’s electrolyte drink that Bayne and the No. 6 team use each weekend at the track.
About AdvoCare Rehydrate®
AdvoCare Rehydrate® electrolyte drink mix features vitamins, minerals and amino acids designed to promote optimal hydration and recovery. A blend of electrolytes, including a 1:1 ratio of sodium to potassium, work to re-establish your electrolyte balance, while sequential carbohydrates help to maintain proper metabolism and give your body the fuel it needs to perform at its best. Shop and learn more about the products and opportunity at advocare.com.